The circular economy (reuse, conserve, recycle) is not a waste problem, it is a resource opportunity. There is commercial advantage (and risk) to waste but the key is how you deal with it to maximise your sustainability credentials and, of course, helping us survive sustainably on our planet.
We have seen the countless images of waste going to landfill and our single-use, throw away consumer habits.
So at Carbonbit we have a 5-Step “Circular Economy Plan”:
- Initial Meeting – here we discuss your waste strategy, identify any supply chain implications and establish reporting requirements. The result of this initial FOC meeting is our Proposal for next steps, starting with the Circular Economy Audit.
- Circular Economy Audit – this is a more detailed investigation into your operation or specific waste stream. We review:
- types of waste
- where it comes from
- how waste is currently dealt with
- recycle, reuse and design strategies
- whether you are compliant, particularly with regards to the Environmental Protection Act 1990 but also ISO 14001, and
- opportunities for improvements
- Implementation Plan – following a review of the Audit, we prepare a Waste Implementation Plan internally including across your supply chain, if appropriate, to design-out waste wherever possible
- Training – we are only too aware that engagement from staff is key to success and we have a suite of training programmes to support the Waste Implementation Plan
- Maintenance – this involves reporting key metrics and measuring progress against set objectives. Clients will sometimes want us to help here or bring this entirely in-hous
Contact us to discuss your requirements and how we can help you.