- SMETA accredited
- Audit your supply chain
- Independent verification
- Strengthen your brand
- Robust, international framework
“We should not only care for the natural world but treat it with a degree of respect and reverence.” Sir David Attenborough 2019
Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit (SMETA) is one of the most widely used ethical audit formats in the world. Carbonbit is an SEMTA Auditor.
What is SMETA?
SMETA facilitates the efficient management by organisations of the ethical and responsible practices of your global supply chains, generating transparency through the provision of a data exchange. It is a best practice audit methodology that encompass all aspects of responsible business practice, covering Sedex’s four pillars of Labour, Health and Safety, Environment and Business Ethics.
Why Conduct SMETA Audits?
- Achieve greater visibility into your supply chain
- Continuously improve your supplier relations
- Receive independent verification of your ethical compliance
- Eliminate the need for multiple certifications – SEDEX is internationally recognized
- Strengthen your brand’s standing in ethical compliance
SMETA is designed for suppliers to share one audit with multiple customers, meeting multiple customer requirements and reducing duplication in ethical auditing.
SMETA has three elements:
- A common Best Practice Guidance on conducting ethical trade audits
- A common Audit Report format
- A common Corrective Action Plan format
To ensure that the suppliers you partner with are working in an ethical manner, SMETA offers robust, ethical audits that help inform your supply chain strategy. Your suppliers can share those audits with multiple buyers, so avoiding unnecessary duplication and saving time and money throughout the supply chain.”
Contact us to discuss your requirements and how we can help you.