SMETA Audit & Certification
- Audit your supply chain
- Independent verification
- Strengthen your brand
- Robust, international framework
“We should not only care for the natural world but treat it with a degree of respect and reverence.” Sir David Attenborough 2019
Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit (SMETA) is one of the most widely used ethical audit formats in the world. Carbonbit is an SMETA Auditor.
What is SMETA?
SMETA assesses a site based on their organisation’s standards of labour, health and safety, environment and business ethics. SEDEX believes these are key areas for assessing an organisation’s responsible business practices and meeting social compliance. It covers your global supply chains, generating transparency through the provision of a data exchange.
Why Conduct SMETA Audits?
- Achieve greater visibility into your supply chain
- Continuously improve your supplier relations
- Receive independent verification of your ethical compliance
- Eliminate the need for multiple certifications – SEDEX is internationally recognized
- Strengthen your brand’s standing in ethical compliance
To ensure that the suppliers you partner with are working in an ethical manner, SMETA offers robust, ethical audits that help inform your supply chain strategy. Your suppliers can share those audits with multiple buyers, so avoiding unnecessary duplication and saving time and money throughout the supply chain.